RECOGNIZING EXCELLENCE IN INDEPENDENT PUBLISHING.
THe 2018 IPPY AWARDS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR JUDGING. BEST OF LUCK TO THE ENTRANTS!
Conducted annually, the Independent Publisher Book Awards honor the year's best independently published titles from around the world.
The awards are intended to bring increased recognition to the thousands of exemplary independent, university, and self-published titles published each year.
FINAL ENTRY DEADLINE WAS FEBRUARY 24, 2018
Results to be announced April 10, 2018. Award ceremony is May 29, 2018 at the Copacabana Times Square.
ABOUT THE AWARDS
The "IPPY" Awards were conceived as a broad-based, unaffiliated awards program open to all members of the independent publishing industry, and are open to authors and publishers worldwide who produce books written in English and appropriate for the North American market.
We define "independent" as:
- Independently owned and operated
- Operated by a foundation or university
- Long-time independents that became incorporated but operate autonomously and publish fewer than 50 titles a year.
The world's largest book awards competition offers:
- Over 80 subject categories in General categories – NEW CATEGORIES INCLUDE: Best Cover Design –Fiction, Non-Fiction & Non-Fiction Oversize; and Best First Book – Fiction & Non-Fiction
- Regional awards for Best Regional Fiction and Best Regional Non-Fiction for eight U.S. regions, two Canadian regions, Australia/New Zealand, and Europe
- E-Book Awards with fiction, non-fiction, children's and regional categories
- Winners receive entry to the award ceremony and celebration party during BookExpo America, medals, stickers, certificates, and national publicity in a press release, as well as social media exposure.