RECOGNIZING EXCELLENCE IN INDEPENDENT PUBLISHING.
THe 2019 Independent publisher book AWARDS are now open!
Conducted annually, the Independent Publisher Book Awards honor the year's best independently published titles from around the world. The 2019 contest officially opens on June 13, 2018 and accepts entries through Feb. 23, 2019.
The awards are intended to bring increased recognition to the thousands of exemplary independent, university, and self-published titles published each year.
CONGRATS to the 2018 ippy WINNERS! CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE 2018 ippy mEDALIST BOOKSTORE.
click here to request ippy awards entry info or to ask any questions. thanks and good luck!
ABOUT THE AWARDS
The "IPPY" Awards were conceived as a broad-based, unaffiliated awards program open to all members of the independent publishing industry, and are open to authors and publishers worldwide who produce books written in English and appropriate for the North American market.
We define "independent" as:
- Independently owned and operated
- Operated by a foundation or university
- Long-time independents that became incorporated but operate autonomously and publish fewer than 50 titles a year.
The world's largest book awards competition offers:
- 85 subject categories in General categories – NEW CATEGORIES INCLUDE: Best Cover Design, Best First Book, and Best Book Series in both Fiction & Non-Fiction
- Regional awards for Best Regional Fiction and Best Regional Non-Fiction for eight U.S. regions, two Canadian regions, Australia/New Zealand/Pacific Rim, and Europe
- E-Book Awards with fiction, non-fiction, children's, regional and design categories
- Winners receive entry to the award ceremony and celebration party during BookExpo America, medals, stickers, certificates, and national publicity in a press release, as well as social media exposure.